Why join a theme camp at all? Why Camp PleasureFist?
2) Considerable logistical help - Coolers, hauling water, Cooking equipment, Kitchen Facilities, propane, shade structures, transporting gear, storage of said gear, Grey-water system, shower facilities, (shower partner/s?) etc
3) Plenty of 1-on-1 tips and tricks from veteran Burners and their network of Burner contacts - (Helpful for many reasons ex: arranging ride shares, where to stock up, how not to make the common virgin mistakes etc)
4) You can start to get a feel for what BM is all about by meeting (virtually or physically) with campmates months prior to reaching the playa.
5) When with a placed camp you're usually camped closer to the Esplanade (the inner street) and folks actively head for theme camps, so much of BM will come to you if you hang at camp- you're in the thick of the action unless you retreat to your tent
7) It's good to have a built-in group to talk with about experiences and things to try. When you lose your friends at 2 o'clock (at 3:00am) you know that you can head back to camp and meet familiar faces to head out with again.
8) Being part of a theme-camp is a fun and exciting (and somewhat convenient) way of making a contribution to BRC.
9) You have many people to help out with a camp project - consider your camp a blank canvas for your imagination and your camp mates willing assistants.